Oh! We know, we know! Pick us! We wouldn’t necessarily call them “hacks.” Maybe, tips for success. Either way, here they are.
- Eat clean. Do away with foods that come from packages. Un-reusable plastics aren’t good for the environment anyway 😉
- Eat clean calories at a “surplus.” This means to eat more than normal. However, if the food is not of good quality, neither will your body composition.
- Shop the perimeter of the store. This where all the good for you food is anyway.
- Track your macros; fats, proteins & carbs. You’ll want a higher portion of protein to jump start that metabolism. Consult a dietician to get your exact macro counts to achieve this goal. Start with Caitlyn Hunter of Caitlyn Hunter Nutrition for the best results!! Hit her up on Instagram.
- Drink your water. Take your bodyweight. Cut it in half. Drink that in ounces everyday. Drink more on days that are hot & humid.
- Hone your technique on multi joint exercises. These are deadlifts, back squats, bench-press, cleans & even snatches. You will recruit, or use, more muscle to perform these lifts, getting your stronger & larger more quickly.
- Follow a rep scheme of 3 to 4 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions each time. This is typical of most hypertrophy plans. However, some recent studies indicate that higher rep ranges can work as well. Our take on this, & advice to you is, stay consistent with your training. That’s the bottom line.
If you follow these steps for 6 to 8 weeks, you should start to see noticeable changes in size. If there is something we missed, & would do well to share, let us know & put it in the comments. Cheers guys & happy training!