Avoid making these mistakes when looking to improve your fitness!! The internet era provides information overload for guidance in health and wellness. Keep it simple with our top most underrated fitness tips!!
- Consistency- Avoid the common error of trying to do too much in the gym after being away for too long. That’s a recipe for disaster and you won’t get results that way. The best thing you can do is be consistent. It’s better to do manageable work more often, than overdo it for a day or two.
- Be coachable- Drop your ego at the door and listen to the coaches. They are trained to help you move safely and efficiently. You can always learn to do things better and the coaches have your back.
- Nutrition matters- You have heard it before, but you can’t outtrain a bad diet. The more vegetables you eat and water you drink, the better your body will perform now and in the long run.
- You do not have to be fit before you start- Don’t wait to start your fitness journey because of insecurities about your abilities. It’s a myth that everyone in the gym will have a 6-pack and can lift their bodyweight. Coaches are there to guide you in your journey, no matter where you are starting from. The point of going to the gym is to get stronger and that looks different for everyone.
- People care more that you show up than how much you can lift- Don’t let anxiety about other people stop you from coming to the gym. People want you to come and work hard. They care more about you working to improve yourself, than how much weight is on the bar. Find a good community that supports you.
Take these fitness tips and keep aiming to improve your health and fitness!